Monday, June 4, 2012

More Pictures

Back when I first arrived, the first weekend here was Vesak, and I went into town with Gabe and some of his friends to see the festivities.



Next we have a collection of pictures from around Kandy and the surrounding area, just showing some things that I've found interesting as I've wandered about.



I had to make two trips to Colombo last week to get my Visa extension. The train is about 2.5 hours each way. The first day, once I got to Colombo, I spent five hours waiting at the Ministry of Buddhist Affairs for the letter I needed to take to the Immigration Office. By the time I got out of there, the Immigration Office was already closed for the day. On the second trip, all the trains coming back to Kandy were booked, so I took a chance that I'd be able to get a bus back, which turned out to be no problem.



Here are some pictures I've taken around SIBA.



And finally here are some pictures I've taken at the Dhamma School or when we went to distribute flowers at the Temple of the Tooth.



Oh, if you go back and look at my original Pictures post, I added some more pictures to the 'On the Hill' and 'Food' albums.

1 comment:

  1. I think that first monkey was a Marylon Manson monkey.

    ReplyDelete