Monday, May 14, 2012

Pictures!

I'm trying something a little different for sharing pictures this time.  Here is a little slideshow I've put together of pictures taken on the walk I do every day.  You may want to mouse down there and pause it so you can control how fast it progresses.  Be careful though, don't click on the picture itself - that will take you to the Picasa website.  So will clicking on the big 'play' button when the show ends. You can click on the black border to get the controls back though. How annoying. I'm trying to present content on my blog, not create links to something somewhere else. It's odd - since Blogger and Picasa are both Google properties, I don't know why they can't make a better embedder that keeps you on the Blogger page. Oh, and the second picture of the rooster on the pipe is actually a video - there's a little video icon down in the lower left corner - which of course takes you to the Picasa website to view the video...



Here's a little album with some samples of some of the food I'm eating here:



And finally, it's time to do laundry!  There was supposed to be a maid who would do the laundry, but she didn't come, so I decided I could do it myself...



Well, that's enough for now.  I'm still not real pleased with my editing options here, but I'll keep working at it.  I've got a couple more sets of pictures I could put up already!

1 comment:

  1. Can I just say, John, that your photos are making me homesick for Sri Lanka and I am haven't even left yet! I love love love your photos of the walk up the hill. The chickens belong to my tuk tuk driver. hehe. You have inspired me to carry my camera along my walk as well.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete